Last week, 8Dio released Studio Solo Violin for NI’s Kontakt,
Studio Solo Violin is a huge collection, consisting of more than 4,000 phrases. The performer was none other than renowned concert violinist: Thomas Yee. It’s available now for the introductory price of $149 ($199 from 15th March).
8Dio have created more than just a library of phrases here, they have developed an instrument which gives the composer true power to sculpt and personalise these phrases meaning that the samples will mould to the music rather than demanding that the music be built around them.
The tools available take advantage of Kontakt 5′s massively powerful new features and include pitch control (which is not affected by tempo), time-stretching / time-compression, sample offset (which allows you to trigger any part of a phrase using a midi controller to ‘scroll’ into the sample). The instrument even has built in effects and convolution reverbs which adds huge versatility to the library seeing as these can be controlled by midi data and therefore easily automated from your midi track.
Here are the ful specs of the instrument from 8Dio:
- Deep Phrase-Sampled Solo Violin.
- +4,000 Solo Violin Phrases.
- 169 Programs in 39 Core Categories.
- Time-stretching and Pitch Control.
- Programmed Individually for Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5.
- Deep FX Controls & Convolution Reverb.
- Requires Kontakt 4.2 or later.
- Exclusively available for direct download at www.8dio.com.
- Introduction Price: $149 (goes $199 on 3/15).
Check out this video demo!